As with all policies of this type there are some things which are not covered. These are the limitations and exclusions that we think are significant. Full details or all limitations and exclusions can be found in the relevant cover section of the policy wording.
You are not covered under Park Home Legal Expenses for:
- Claims or proceedings that arise outside of the UK, IOM or Channel Islands
- Costs for claims incurred without the insurers prior consent
- Claims that arise between you and someone you live with or have lived with
- Claims where to insurer deems there is no prospect of success
- Costs for legal representation from outside of the insurers approved solicitors list
- Claims below £250 (plus vat) brought against you or pursued for you for Defective Goods Claims
- Claims for stress, psychological or emotional injury unless linked to a physical injury are excluded for injury claims
- Any Employment Tribunal or action against a park owner brought within the first 90 days of the policy
- Trespass or nuisance arising from divorce or matrimonial matters.
- Financial compensation for physical damage in respect of a contract that you have entered into
- Defamatory claims on social media if you are under 18 years of age.