Park Home Insurance Frequently Asked Questions

Questions about insurance policies from Park Home Assist

Yes, we can give you up to 20% of no claims discounts. We also offer an age discount of 10% for anyone aged over 50 buying our park home insurance, and there are a number of parks who also receive discounted rates.

At Park Home Assist, we currently insure one in five residential park homes in the UK, so the chances are that yes, we do. In fact, for some parks we offer a 20% discount on park home insurance as we know them so well.

We find that all of our customers need slightly different things from their park home insurance policy, and whilst we try to cover every question online, we find it’s better to talk you through the park home insurance policy and answer your questions directly. You can ask us to call you, or, if you prefer, you can call us directly. When you call 01604 946 796, you’ll get straight through to one of our advisers in Northampton who’ll take you through a park home insurance quote to insure your park home.

Yes, if you call us for a quote on 01604 946 796 (Monday to Friday from 9am to 5.30pm, or on a Saturday 9am to 1pm) we can sort out your park home insurance cover for you there and then.

You can find all of our claims numbers on our Contact us page. The number for park home insurance claims is 0344 856 3810, and our claims team will be happy to assist you.

Yes, you can. We’ll give you £15 off your park home insurance renewal premium for every friend you recommend. You can find out more here. Just let us have your friend’s email address alongside your own details and once your friend has taken out an insurance policy with Assist Insurance Services, we’ll put a credit of £15 against your park home insurance renewal with us next year. In addition, they will receive a £15 discount off their home insurance too, thanks to you!

Your questions about taking out an insurance policy with Park Home Assist

No, we offer flexible payment terms on our park home insurance policies. You can opt to pay with 12 monthly payments, and there is only a small charge to do so. Ask about our payment terms when you call us for a quote on 01604 946 796.

No, we don’t charge you extra to use your cards to pay for your park home insurance policy. We accept most major credit and debit cards and we don’t charge you extra to use either.

It’s very easy to sort out, just get your friend to tell us your email address by completing the form here. You’ll then receive an email. Click on the link in that email and enjoy £15 off your quoted premium. Alternatively, when you call us please let us know who it is and their home telephone number and we’ll apply the necessary discounts.

Park Home Assist is an insurance broker and part of Assist Insurance Services Ltd. We launched in 2005 and we specialise in providing insurance to the leisure industry. We not only cover park homes, we also cover touring and static caravans, motorhomes, marine, cars (owned by park home owners), and holiday homes. We are still owned and run by husband and wife team, Claire and Steve Leech.

All insurers are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and this policy is underwritten by Canopius Managing Agents, who are a Lloyd’s underwriter formed in 2003. They are one of the top 10 insurers in the Lloyd’s insurance market and wrote almost one billion pounds of insurance premium in 2016. Lloyd’s of London is also regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. It is supported an AA- (Very Strong) Insurer Financial Strength rating from the rating agency Fitch, A+ (Strong) from Standard & Poor’s and an A (Excellent) rating from A.M. Best, so provides excellent security to policyholders. When your policy is underwritten by a Lloyd’s underwriter you have the added peace of mind that even if the underwriter goes out of business, then the Lloyd’s market takes on the risk and will settle any claims for that insurer. You don’t get this extra level of security from non-Lloyd’s insurers.

Questions you may have about covering your park home

Yes, residential and leisure park homes are considered to be a ‘non-standard’ risk by insurance companies. This means that your insurance policy must state that it covers a park home specifically. If you think about it, your home is built out of plywood, metal and timber. These materials are very different to the standard bricks and mortar construction that  insurers are used to dealing with, and also require different tradesmen to carry out any repairs.

No, the base is the park owner’s responsibility. So, if the base suffers any damage (such as subsidence) it is their responsibility to claim or repair it, not yours.

You can use the insurance provided by your park owner, but they can’t insist that you do – in fact it is illegal for them to do so. The park owner is likely to need proof that your home is covered by an appropriate park home insurance policy. We work with park owners and park home manufacturers to make sure that our policies provide the right sort of cover for you.

Yes, we do cover older park homes. We don’t have any age restrictions on buildings listed in our policy.

Let us know when you speak to our advisor so that we can make sure you get exactly the cover you need, but theft of the contents is included.

Don’t worry about this as our park home insurance policy provides you with up to £500,000 cover for your home (excluding its contents) and our policy also provides cover for site clearance, transportation and re-siting of your replacement home as standard.

In most cases, homes are repaired. However if your park home is damaged beyond economical repair we will replace it with an equivalent new park home. Our insurance policies also cover site clearance, transportation and re-siting as standard. Your contents are covered on a new for old basis other than for household linen and clothing.

Yes, we do provide cover, but we may need to exclude flood protection from your policy. Call us on 01604 946 796 and we can check this for you.

When your park home is left without an occupant for 60 consecutive days or more you must ensure that a responsible person is appointed to supervise and check the property both internally and externally at least once every 30 days. And when your park home is left without an occupant for 60 consecutive days, valuables are excluded from your insurance.

Between 1st November and 31st March both days inclusive, if your park home is left without an occupant for more than 48 hours you must drain down the entire water system as a precaution to prevent freezing and any potential damage this may cause.

If your park home has a sealed heating system containing antifreeze then this does not need to be drained down but antifreeze levels checked annually and particularly prior to the period of unoccupancy.

In addition all water tanks must be emptied by leaving both hot and cold taps fully open with plugs removed throughout your park home. Or If you wish to leave the water supply turned on between 1st November and 31st March both days inclusive, you must ensure:
• The entire home benefits from a heating system being gas or oil fired central heating or a geothermal or full electric system (not night storage heaters), fitted with automatic controls and a separate thermostat. The system must be set to operate continuously for 24 hours of each day (not controlled by a timing device) and the thermostat set to not less than 13 degrees Celsius and all internal doors must remain open throughout the park home and where fitted the loft hatch left open.

Or • If the heating system as described above is installed and additionally fitted with a ‘frost stat’ that is designed and installed to override all the heating controls, irrespective of their functional status, then this may be set to operate at no less than 4 degrees Celsius.

Questions you may have about covering your possessions

Unfortunately, we are only able to provide Buildings & Contents cover, and can’t insure building or contents on their own.

Often, when you buy a new park home, the manufacturer will include furniture and appliances in the cost of the home. However, when taking out insurance, these items are considered to be contents, so you should make sure that your contents cover takes this into account. Our policy provides up to £60,000 cover for the contents within your park home, which we find is more than adequate for most park home owners.

We define valuables as jewellery, furs, gold, silver, gold- or silver-plated items and works of art (paintings and sculptures). We offer optional ‘Valuables and Personal Possession’ cover which covers any item up to £1,000 without you needing to specify the item. So, you need to specify any item that is valued at more than £1,000 when you add this cover to your policy.

Yes, we provide up to £1,000 in any one period of insurance for items such as garden furniture.

Your questions about making claims with Park Home Assist

Call our claims team on 0344 856 3810.

Yes, our current standard excess is £100 for most claims on our park home insurance policies. It is £1,000 for subsidence claims.

No, but we recommend that you do, as their work will be guaranteed for 12 months. It also means that all the hassle of sorting out job estimates and actually getting the work done is handled for you. Our repairers are skilled park home engineers, and we find them the best type of repairer to carry out such repairs. Many of them used to work for park home manufacturers. However, if you want to use your own repairer, you may do so as long as their estimate for the repairs is acceptable.

All of our claims are handled by an award-winning claims company called Davies Group, who handle many large insurers’ claims. However, we also have our own in-house claims coordinator, who will be watching your claim and will ensure that your claim is handled with the utmost efficiency throughout. Our claims service was shortlisted and won a claims award in 2017. Our Park Home Insurance claims team won the Insurance Claims Excellence Award in 2017.

Your questions about park home Legal Expenses

Yes, the policy provides cover for legal costs to defend you against a breach of contract for selling goods as a private seller in relation to your park home, providing the amount disputed exceeds £250 plus vat.

Yes, providing the dispute started more than 90 days after you took out the policy, and the legal team feel that there is a reasonable chance of your claim being successful.

£13.44 for twelve months cover, which needs to run in conjunction with your park home insurance policy, so we can add this extension to your policy when you first take out your park home insurance product or at renewal.

Your policy is administrated by Arc Legal Assistance Limited and underwritten by AMTrust Europe Limited. Arc Legal Assistance can be contacted on 0344 770 1040 if you need advice or wish to make a claim.

The legal helpline is free and can help you decide if you wish to pursue or defend a claim. There is no cost to do this, but some policy limits apply to certain sections of your policy where the claim value needs to exceed £250. These are detailed in the policy wording and the significant exclusions section of our website.

We would all hope not to have to use an insurance product, but when it comes to legal expenses cover most of us would never have the energy, confidence or money to pursue a large company on our own. Even if you’re happy with your current park owner, parks change hands and there is no guarantee that the next park owner will be quite as accommodating as your current one. Sadly in today’s world, there are also heavy-handed employers, litigious neighbours and cowboy builders. We don’t know when we could be affected by their actions and it’s good to have a strong legal team on your side for just £1 a month. Also, remember that only a very small minority of people are eligible for legal aid, and with fees in the region of £180 per hour (outside London), expert assistance does not come cheap. Although you will know if you want the cover, approximately three in every four of our policyholders opt to have legal expenses cover.

© Copyright 2020 - Park Home Assist Insurance Services - Privacy Policy | Sitemap
Park Home Assist Insurance Services is a part of Assist Insurance Services Ltd, registered in England and Wales 5486663, Royal House, Queenswood, Newport Pagnell Road West, Northampton NN4 7JJ. Assist Insurance Services Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for General Insurance Distribution activities and as a credit broker. We do not charge any up-front fees for arranging credit. We do not charge any fees to customers in relation to Credit Broking activities. We are members of the Financial Ombudsman Service. If you cannot settle a complaint with us, eligible complainants may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service for an independent assessment. The FOS Consumer Helpline is on 0800 023 4567 and their address is:
Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR. Website: