Holiday Lodge Insurance Frequently Asked Questions

Questions about insurance policies from Park Home Assist

Yes, we can give you up to 20% no claims discounts. We also offer an age discount of 10% for anyone aged over 50 buying our holiday lodge insurance.

At Park Home Assist, we currently insure 1 in 5 park homes or holiday lodges in the UK, so the chances are, yes, we do. In fact, for some holiday parks we offer a 20% discount on holiday lodge insurance as we know them so well.

We find that all of our customers need slightly different things from their holiday lodge insurance policy, and whilst we try to cover every question online, we find it’s better to talk you through the holiday lodge insurance policy and answer your questions directly. You can ask us to call you, or, if you prefer, you can call us directly. When you call 01604 946 796, you’ll get straight through to one of our advisers who’ll take you through a holiday lodge insurance quote to insure your holiday lodge.

Yes, if you call us for a quote on 01604 946 796 (Monday to Friday from 9am to 5.30pm or on a Saturday 9am to 1pm) we can sort out your holiday lodge insurance cover for you there and then.

You can find all of our claims numbers on our Contact us page. The number for holiday lodge insurance claims is 0344 856 3810. We’re here 9am to 5.30pm on weekdays and 9am to 1pm on Saturdays. Outside these times you can leave a message with your name and a contact number and we’ll call you back.

Yes, you can, we’ll give you £15 off your holiday lodge insurance renewal premium for every friend you recommend. You can find out more here. Just let us have your friend’s email address alongside your own details, and once your friend has taken out an insurance policy with Assist Insurance Services, we’ll put a credit of £15 against your holiday lodge insurance renewal with us next year. Full terms and conditions can be found here.

Your questions about taking out an insurance policy with Park Home Assist

No, we offer flexible payment terms on our holiday lodge insurance policies: you can opt to pay with 12 monthly payments. Ask about our payment terms when you call us for a quote on 01604 946 796.

No, we don’t charge you extra to use your cards to pay for your holiday lodge insurance policy. We accept all major credit and debit cards and we don’t charge you extra to use either.

It’s very easy to sort out, just ask your friend to complete the form here.  You’ll then receive an email from us. Click on the link in that email and enjoy £15 off your quoted premium.

Park Home Assist is part of Assist Insurance Services Ltd. We launched in 2005 and we specialise in providing insurance to the leisure industry. We not only cover holiday lodges and park homes, we also cover both touring and static caravans, motorhomes, marine, cars (owned by holiday lodge and park home owners), and holiday homes. We are still owned and run by husband and wife team, Claire and Steve Leech.

All insurers are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, however, when your policy is underwritten by a Lloyd’s underwriter you have the added peace of mind that even if they do go out of business then the Lloyd’s market take on the risk and will settle any claims for that insurer. You don’t get this extra level of security from non-Lloyd’s insurers. We use one of Lloyd’s largest underwriters for our holiday lodge insurance policies, Sompo Canopius.

Questions you may have about covering your Holiday Lodge

Yes, leisure park homes and holiday lodges are considered to be a ‘non-standard’ risk by insurance companies. This means that your insurance policy must state that it covers a holiday lodge specifically. If you think about it, your holiday lodge is built out of marine plywood, metal and timber. These materials are very different to the standard bricks and mortar construction insurers are used to dealing with.

No, the base is the park owner’s responsibility. So, if the base suffers any damage (such as subsidence) it is their responsibility to claim or repair it, not yours.

You can use the insurance provided by your park owner, but they can’t insist that you do, in fact it is illegal for them to do so. The park owner is likely to need proof that your lodge is covered by an appropriate holiday lodge insurance policy. We work with park owners and park home and holiday lodge manufacturers to make sure that our policies provide the right sort of cover for you.

Yes, we do cover older holiday lodges. We don’t have any age restrictions on buildings listed in our policy.

Let us know when you speak to our advisor, so that we can make sure you get exactly the cover you need.

Don’t worry about this as our holiday lodge insurance policy provides you with up to £500,000 cover for your lodge (excluding its contents) and our policy also provides cover for site clearance, transportation and re-siting of your replacement lodge as standard.

In most cases, holiday lodges are repaired, however if your lodge is damaged beyond economical repair, we will replace it with an equivalent new holiday lodge. Our insurance policies also cover site clearance, transportation and re-siting as standard.

Yes, we do provide cover, but we may need to exclude flood protection from your policy. Call us on 01604 946 796 and we can check this for you.

When your holiday lodge is left without an occupant for 60 consecutive days or more you must ensure that a responsible person is appointed to supervise and check the property both internally and externally at least once every 30 days. And when your holiday lodge is left without an occupant for 60 consecutive days, valuables are excluded from your insurance.

Between 1st November and 31st March both days inclusive, if your holiday lodge is left without an occupant for more than 48 hours you must drain down the entire water system as a precaution to prevent freezing and any potential damage this may cause.

If your holiday lodge has a sealed heating system containing antifreeze then this does not need to be drained down but antifreeze levels checked annually and particularly prior to the period of unoccupancy.

In addition all water tanks must be emptied by leaving both hot and cold taps fully open with plugs removed throughout your holiday lodge. Or If you wish to leave the water supply turned on between 1st November and 31st March both days inclusive, you must ensure:
• The entire lodge benefits from a heating system being gas or oil fired central heating or a geothermal or full electric system (not night storage heaters), fitted with automatic controls and a separate thermostat. The system must be set to operate continuously for 24 hours of each day (not controlled by a timing device) and the thermostat set to not less than 13 degrees Celsius and all internal doors must remain open throughout the holiday lodge and where fitted the loft hatch left open.

Or • If the heating system as described above is installed and additionally fitted with a ‘frost stat’ that is designed and installed to override all the heating controls, irrespective of their functional status, then this may be set to operate at no less than 4 degrees Celsius.

Questions you may have about covering your possessions

Unfortunately we are only able to provide buildings and contents cover, and can’t insure building or contents on their own.

Often, when you buy a new holiday lodge, the manufacturer will include furniture and appliances in the cost of the home. However, when taking out insurance, these items are considered to be contents, so you should make sure that your contents cover takes this into account. Our policy provides up to £40,000 cover for the contents within your holiday lodge.

Yes, we provide up to £1,000 in any one period of insurance for items such as garden furniture.

Your questions about making claims with Park Home Assist

Call us on 0344 856 3810. If you call outside office hours, then leave a message with your name and telephone number and we’ll get back to you. We handle all aspects of your claim over the phone, there are no forms to fill in. You can find our contact numbers on our Contact us page

Yes, our current standard excess is £100 for most claims on our holiday lodge insurance policies. It is £1,000 for subsidence claims.

No, but we do recommend that you do, as their work will be guaranteed for 12 months. It also means that all the hassle of sorting out job estimates and actually getting the work done is handled for you. Our repairers are skilled park home and holiday lodge engineers, and in our experience are the best type of repairer to carry out such repairs. Many of them used to work for park home or holiday lodge manufacturers. However if you want to use your own repairer, you may do so as long as their estimate for the repairs is acceptable.

All of our claims are handled by an award-winning claims company called Davies Group, who handle many large insurers’ claims. However, we also have our own in-house claims coordinator, who will be watching your claim and will ensure that your claim is handled with the utmost efficiency throughout. Our claims service was shortlisted and won a claims award in 2017. Our park home and holiday lodge insurance claims team won the Insurance Claims Excellence Award in 2017.