With the recent and continuing storms and floods hitting the UK, we would like to reassure our customers that there are measures in place to help you get back on your feet during these difficult times.
Following on from Storms Desmond and Eva, which caused considerable flooding to areas in the north of Britain, Storm Frank has now hit parts of the country and the Environment Agency has issued a further 3 day Flood Risk forecast. (Please click here for updates).
How are we helping and what have we done?
After continuous talks with our Insurer and Claims Administrators over the festive period and have put in place the following to ensure we maintain the very highest levels of claims service during this challenging period:
- Setting up temporary offices in Cumbria.
- Bringing in staff over the Bank Holiday to answer calls.
- Using other UK offices to maximise the number of phone lines available to our customers.
- Bringing in additional Loss Adjusters from overseas offices.
- All customer claims have been acknowledged and if a visit has not yet been made by a Loss Adjuster, a date for a visit has been agreed.
- Daily conference calls with our Claims Administrators, including temporary increases in their Claims Authority limits.
- Instructions to adopt a common sense approach to emergency payments and alternative accommodation, particularly where there could be delays in validating claims.
- Direct contact details of Canopius claims staff provided to short cut any queries.
- Widening the geographical coverage of our Loss Adjusters specialising in park homes, to ensure the right advice is provided to this particular, sometimes vulnerable, customer group.
We understand that this is a difficult time for some of our customers and that there can be a long road to recovery for those unfortunate enough to suffer serious flood damage to their homes. We will continue to support and help our customers to their pre-flood state as best, and as quickly, as we possibly can.