A Guide to Motorhome Insurance
with Park Home Assist

Park home living is not just about the type of building you live in but is often a whole lifestyle choice. Beautiful countryside on your doorstep may be the great appeal of a park home for you, as it is for many. A sense of exploration and adventure and the call of the open road is common among our customers. So many of you are also motorhome owners, which combine mobility and freedom with the ability to take your home comforts with you. The best of both worlds.

If you run a motorhome, as with a car, you are legally required to have motorhome insurance. In this quick guide we have outlined some of the main things to look for when thinking about the cover you need for your motorhome.

If you take out your motorhome insurance cover with us, you can take advantage of some of the benefits of our personalised cover:

  • Age discount for customers aged 40+
  • Discount for members of the caravan club
  • No Claims Discounts

Furthermore, if you decide to take out all your insurances with us, as many of our customers do, you are assured of the same, personalised, award-winning service across the board. You have one company to call for everything to do with your insurance cover and can be assured that you will be dealing with someone who knows your circumstances well.

Know your vehicle

The first thing to think about is the level of cover that you want. You will need to think about how much your motorhome is worth and how much it would cost to replace it. With Park Home Assist you can have your motorhome covered for up to £60,000*. For the majority of motorhomes, this effectively means that you could replace yours if you suffered a total loss.

*Vehicles valued at over £40,000, will need a GPS tracker to remain insured with us.

Know how you use your motorhome

One of the main attractions of a motorhome is the freedom it gives you. Some insurance cover will charge you higher premiums above a certain mileage. It is worth thinking about exactly how you use your motorhome as you search for the right cover for you. You are free with Park Home Assist to drive your motorhome up to 10,000 miles per year, with our standard cover and no increase in premium.

You will also need to think about where you are taking your motorhome. If you regularly take your motorhome to continental Europe, for example, consider having cover while driving there included. Having to shop for extra insurance every time you leave for a holiday can feel like the opposite of the get-up-and-go freedom, which owning a motorhome otherwise promises. You are covered for 180 days of European travel per year as standard, with Park Home Assist.

What if your motorhome is in an accident?

You may want to think about exactly what happens in the event of an accident.  You may need emergency accommodation, so it’s good to know that there is an allowance of up to £300 per person in the vehicle for emergency (hotel or other) accommodation following an accident.  You are also covered for transportation of the vehicle to a nearby repair facility.

Finally, with £3,500 in cover as standard for camping equipment, awnings and personal effects, most people are adequately covered for the contents of their motorhome. Should you anticipate more valuable items which need to be insured, be sure to discuss this with one of our award-winning team. A simple phone call is all it takes and one of our highly experienced professionals will take you through your options.

Keep your information up-to-date

As with all insurance policies, you need to inform us should there be any modifications to the vehicle or if your status changes. (If you change the type of driving license you have from EU to UK, for example). This is to ensure that you remain covered by your policy and you are paying the right level of premium, so that things go as smoothly as possible should you need to make a claim.

You may also be thinking about roadside assistance and breakdown cover. This is not offered as standard on our motorhome cover, which helps keep premiums low. You can buy a separate breakdown cover, both for the UK and for European breakdown. You may want to check that your chosen breakdown policy covers vehicles over 3.5 tonnes (if this applies to your motorhome), as not all of them do. Be very sure to check what you’re getting and what might happen in the event of a breakdown.

In selecting some of the best Motorhome insurers, with many years of experience in this marketplace, we have aimed to provide you with motorhome cover which especially suits the needs of park home owners. To take just one example, with our cover, there are no garaging requirements.

So, if you are looking for exceptional motorhome insurance, with a personal touch, Park Home Assist can help. Complete this form and one of our motorhome consultants will give you a call to work out the cover that best suits your requirements.

Below we have listed some of the standard features of our comprehensive motorhome insurance, that mean more and more of our customers are recommending us to friends and family.

  • Vehicles covered up to £60,000 *.

*values over £40,000 a tracker is required

  • Mileage usage up to 10,000 miles per annum
  • No garaging requirements
  • Vehicle engine size up to 2999cc
  • 180 days European cover as standard
  • £3,500 cover for camping equipment, awning & personal effects
  • Windscreen cover as standard with just a £90 excess if an approved repairer is used
  • Standard excess of just £250
  • Cover for drivers aged between 30 – 74
  • Optional protected no claims bonus 

Please note that all motorhome insurance cover is subject to acceptance of terms and conditions.

This is a marketing article from Park Home Assist, multi award-winning providers of residential park home insurance.  If you would like to speak to an advisor regarding insurance for your park home, please contact our friendly team in our Northampton office on 01604 946 796.

To stay up to date with similar topics like this, please like and follow us on TwitterLinkedIn or Facebook.

For more information about any of our other insurance products, please choose your product of interest below:

Published – 15/07/2022