Residential park homes are now becoming the popular choice of property if you are considering downsizing or retiring. Park homes are great for couples and individuals, providing affordable living inside a real community. Park homes offer a high level of practical and stylish living, with mod cons in a comfortable environment, whilst outside providing a quality of life away from the usual hustle and bustle of city living.
10 Reasons to Choose Park Home Living
There are many reasons why our insurance customers choose the park home lifestyle – here are ten of them:
1. Downsizing to a park home can free up capital so you have more money to spend on enjoying life. Council tax payments are cheaper, as park homes are in the lower tax band, providing more savings.
2. With residential parks located all over the country, you can often live in some beautiful locations at a lower cost.
3. Residential park communities are welcoming, providing a feeling of comfort, safety and security. There is an increased level of security as most park homes are gated communities, with other residents nearby, providing peace of mind.
4. There’s plenty to do – many residential parks have good leisure facilities as well as social committees who organise all types of activities. Activities such as walking, cycling, boating, canoeing or fishing are on your doorstep.
5. Living in a park home can mean that you’re much closer to the countryside, fields and woodlands, providing a beautiful, tranquil environment with plenty of wildlife around to enjoy.
6. Many residential parks have good transport links for commuters and easy access to local towns and villages.
7. Not all park homes have to look the same! You can decorate your park home to suit your own lifestyle.
8. Plot sizes vary so you can still have a garden and make it as high or low maintenance as you wish.
9. A park home is like a Tardis! It looks small on the outside but surprising spacious on the inside and it’s easy to look after.
10. Park homes are energy efficient, designed to be low maintenance, meaning you’ll be warmer in the winter and saving money.
If you’re thinking about buying a park home, take a look at our general insurance tips and advice on park home insurance or contact us on 0800 988 0900 for a no obligation quote.