Trainee Insurance Sales Consultant
Location: HARDINGSTONE, NORTHAMPTON
(1 minute from A45, 2 minutes from Junc 15 M1, 5 minutes from Town Centre)
Salary: BASIC (DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE) & UNLIMITED BONUS
Assist Insurance Services Ltd is a family owned and run business, yet one of the UK’s leading provider of Park Home Insurance (as well as insurance for Caravans, Holiday Homes, Cars and Boat Insurance,) all from modern offices in Northampton.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE
You’ll join a team of experienced Insurance Consultants who advise and sell on a range of Insurance within this
‘niche’ leisure sector by providing friendly, informative advice from a range of providers.
• Maintain an exceptional level of Customer Service, with the ability to build great rapport with your customer
• Explain Insurance cover choices in plain English, avoiding use of jargon, to enable your customer to make an
• Adherence to Assist company Policy and Procedures
• Achieve all agreed Sales targets for a variety of insurance products
• Meet Quality and Compliance expectations
• You will be involved within every aspect of the sales process which will include; outbound sales calls,
inbound calls and attempting to contact clients via email & SMS
• You will need to be organised and able to manage your call volumes well.
• Good standard of general education, qualifications to include English & Maths GCSE
THE WORK EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED
Ideally, we are looking for individuals who have a background in Customer Service who are interested in building a
career within Insurance Sales. We are also keen to meet less experienced, but confident individuals who may be
starting out on their career path and can demonstrate a passion for learning, self-development and for delivering
exceptional levels of customer service.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Confidence to learn and develop through a full induction programme and continuous on-job training
• Great communication skills with ability to build rapport over the telephone
• A flexible and proactive approach, working well within a small friendly team
• A keenness to get involved in other areas of the business, with the appetite and potential to become a multiskilled consultant, who can progress within our growing business.
• You’ll need a good standard of numeracy and literacy along with good keyboard skills
• The highest standard of integrity and honesty
• Great work ethic, with a ‘can do’ attitude and a determination to succeed in this role.
OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW
Assist Insurance is a rapidly growing business offering opportunities to Sales and Insurance professionals and also
fantastic training opportunities for those less experienced, but confident customer focused individuals.
Are you just starting out on your career path? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your training and
development? Does the busy, dynamic environment of the Sales office excite you? If you fancy a ‘real’ challenge and
want to be seen and rewarded for what you do, as you learn, then you really need to find out more about working
with Assist Insurance Services!
What we offer:
• Base Salary: You will be offered an excellent market leading base salary based on your experience. We pay
the best, because we want to attract the best.
• Bonus Potential: Once you are trained you will be placed on a bonus scheme which truly is unlimited, where
your earning potential is limited by you, and not the company. We have advisers who can earn monthly four
figure bonuses (on top of their base salary);
• Holiday Entitlement: You will receive 20 days paid holiday, which will increase by 1 day for every year you
work for us up to 25 days. You will also get your Birthday off which doesn’t come out of your holiday
• Opportunities for Progression: We have a policy of promoting from within whenever possible, if you are
looking for a company where you can progress, then we are the company for you. If you don’t want the
responsibility of man-management, that isn’t a problem, as you can still progress by being more multi-skilled;
• Professional Career: We would be happy to sponsor you should you wish to study towards your insurance
• Fun Environment: We all understand that Insurance isn’t the most exciting of industries, but we do our best
to enjoy ourselves whilst we are at work. Whether that is the internal competitions, where alcohol,
chocolate or major prizes such as iPads and more, or whether it is joining the company for a meal in town,
we like to have fun!
• Family Business: Assist is a family owned business, not a corporate dinosaur, where you don’t meet the
Directors or the guests we have come into the company. But despite being a family business we employ 40
plus people, with many of them having worked with us for a number of years. And those who do
leave……often come back. What does that tell you?
Find out more about us, and what we do by visiting our websites: