Sales Team Manager
POSITION: Sales Team Manager
LOCATION: HARDINGSTONE, NORTHAMPTON
(1 minute from A45, 2 minutes from Junc 15 M1, 5 minutes from Town Centre)
SALARY: BASIC (DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE) & BONUS
HOURS: 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK (FULL TIME)
Assist Insurance Services Ltd is a family owned and run business, yet one of the UK’s leading provider of Park Home Insurance (as well as insurance for Caravans, Holiday Homes, Cars and Boats), all from modern offices in Northampton. With nearly 40,000 policyholders throughout the UK, we are one of the largest insurance intermediaries in our market place.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE
The Sales Team Manager will work within the Senior Management Team of the company, playing a vital role in ensuring that the day-to-day Sales operation runs smoothly. You will be responsible for ensuring that effective methods are put into place so that the company runs at it maximum productivity and profitability. As Sales Team Manager your responsibilities will include handling all calls, emails and post, preparing SLA’s and KPI’s, and overseeing the supervision of those within the Sales areas of the business. You will also be expected to harness a working environment which encourages team work, energy and creativity. To achieve this, you will have strong leadership and excellent problem-solving skills with good communication skills.
You must be a strong motivator and leader, and able to maximise the performances of those within your team, and have a strong coaching bias assisting those who may need more assistance. You will participate in and lead, as appropriate, in the running of the Sales sections of the company as well as manage the projects that contribute to the business objectives of the company. To undertake various tasks within the sales department to assist in the delivery of an effective and compliant delivery.
- Working closely with the Senior Team to define, set and deliver the strategic aims of the company;
- Set, monitor and drive performance and targets relating to performance across the business to include:
- Maximise New Business Conversion & Income Per Case & Cross-Sell Opportunities;
- Maximise Enquiry To Quotation Ratio & Call Handling;
- Minimise Complaints
- Champion TCF and lead by example to deliver a first class, compliant customer experience;
- Responsible for the continued compliance of the Sales Area;
- Monitor customer contact in line with regulatory guidelines and standards as defined by the FCA;
- Ensure that compliance is adhered to at all times by checking quality of work, complaints and utilising call recording facility and provide feedback, coaching and additional monitoring and guidance to all and document all conversations and feedback within employee files by use of file notes;
- Manage resourcing levels to ensure service excellence is delivered at all times;
- Engender a learning and development culture where individuals are actively encouraged to develop and improve their skills and abilities
- Address productivity and disciplinary matters which may arise within the sales area;
- Manage all staff to include regular One-To-Ones within the Sales area and set clear objectives for all and well as appraisals and continued individual development through coaching, training and mentoring;
- Create, prepare, produce and analyse all management information and communicate this with the Senior Team;
- Document, implement and update all company and product provider procedures.
- Be proactive in the contribution and development of new procedures and products within the sales and operational area;
- Attend where necessary any external meeting, conference and/or exhibition as and when required;
- Recommend to the Directors any changes which are deemed to improve quality, compliance, business effectiveness, profitability and motivation within the Sales Area;
- Implement incentives and competitions to maximise motivation and productivity and performance;
- Monitor, develop and manage incentive/bonus systems as required
- To actively encourage multi-skilling within the business.
THE WORK EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED
- You will have had at least 2 years experience of managing a sales team;
- You will have at least 5 years experience of Household and Motor Insurance;
- You will ideally (but not essentially) have a good working knowledge of the OpenGI system;
- You will have successfully worked within a target orientated environment;
- Experience of analysing and interpreting data, and act upon the information to drive performance;
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Someone who has a passion to contribute to the business everyday, and takes pride in seeing how their contribution affected the performance of their team;
- A flexible and proactive approach, and the ability of working within a small friendly team;
- Keenness to get involved within other areas of the business and to problem solve with your peers;
- You’ll need good numeracy and literacy along with good keyboard skills;
- The highest standard of integrity, honesty and quality of work as well as maximize the sales opportunities the company generates;
- ‘Can do’ attitude;
- Willing to assist your team and the business throughout your day, and not get stuck behind a computer or push paper from one side of the desk to another.
What we offer:
- Base Salary: You will be offered an excellent market leading base salary based on your experience. We pay the best, because we want to attract the best.
- Bonus Potential: You will receive a bonus based on your team’s performance and your target;
- Holiday Entitlement: You will receive 25 days paid holiday (plus Bank Holidays). You will also get your Birthday off which doesn’t come out of your holiday entitlement!
- Opportunities for Progression: We have a policy of promoting from within whenever possible, if you are looking for a company where you can progress, then we are the company for you.
- Professional Career: We would be happy to sponsor you should you wish to study towards your insurance exams;
- Fun Environment: We all understand that Insurance isn’t the most exciting of industries, but we do our best to enjoy ourselves whilst we are at work. Whether that is the internal competitions, where alcohol, chocolate or major prizes such as iPads and more, or whether it is joining the company for a meal in town, we like to have fun!
- Family Business: Assist is a family-owned business, not a corporate dinosaur, where you don’t meet the Directors or the guests we have come into the company, you work with them. But despite being a family business we employ 40 plus people, with many of them having worked with us for a number of years. And those who do leave……often come back. What does that tell you?
Find out more about us and what we do by visiting our websites: