Insurance Sales Consultant
Location: HARDINGSTONE, NORTHAMPTON
(1 minute from A45, 2 minutes from Junc 15 M1, 5 minutes from Town Centre)
Salary: BASIC (DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE) & UNLIMITED BONUS
Assist Insurance Services Ltd is a family owned and run business, yet one of the UK’s leading provider of Park Home Insurance (as well as insurance for Caravans, Holiday Homes, Cars and Boat Insurance, all from modern offices in Northampton.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE
You’ll join a team of experienced Insurance Consultants who advise and sell on a range of Insurance within this ‘niche’ leisure sector by providing friendly, informative advice from a range of providers.
- Maintain an excellent standard of customer service by explaining choices and providing recommendations ensuring customer and business needs are met;
- Achieve all agreed sales targets for insurance products and ensure systems and procedures are properly maintained. The Company currently achieves a sales conversion of 50% and a Renewal Retention of 90%;
- Ensure sales are undertaken in accordance with the Company’s compliant processes;
- You will be involved within every aspect of the sales process handling incoming sales calls, as well as contacting clients from emailed enquiries;
- Prioritise your work by planning and focusing your tasks;
- Good general education, qualifications ideally include English & Maths GCSE
THE WORK EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED
Ideally you will have at least 24 months experience of working within an Insurance (preferably household insurance) sales environment, however our clients (retired/Semi-retired clients) ultimately purchase on the quality of service and the friendly staff they deal with. Experience of the Open GI (Misys System) would be advantageous but not a necessity.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Confidence to learn and develop through continuous on-job training and good communication skills over the telephone;
- A flexible and proactive approach, and the ability of working within a small friendly team;
- Keenness to get involved within other areas of the business and to become a truly multi-skilled consultant with involvement within Service and renewals and an appetite to progress within a growing business etc.
- You’ll need good numeracy and literacy along with good keyboard skills;
- The highest standard of integrity, honesty and quality of work as well as maximise the sales opportunities the company generates;
- ‘Can do’ attitude;
OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW
Assist Insurance has an excellent relationship with its Tokyo Marine insure, as well as Park Owners, and we have a number of very exciting opportunities to achieve even more in 2019. Are you looking to grow within a business? Are the opportunities limited where you are currently? Is there a lack of variety in the leads you receive? Are you fed up working unsociable shift patterns? Do you feel taken for granted, and unappreciated where you are now? Or are you just one fish in a very big pond? Fancy a ‘real’ challenge and want to be seen and rewarded for what you really do? Then you really need to find out more about working with Assist Insurance Services.
What we offer:
- Base Salary: You will be offered an excellent market leading base salary based on your experience. We pay the best, because we want to attract the best.
- Option to join the company pension scheme, after qualifying period.
- Bonus Potential: Once you are trained you will be placed on a bonus scheme which truly is unlimited, where your earning potential is limited by you, and not the company. We have advisers who can earn monthly four figure bonuses (on top of their base salary);
- Holiday Entitlement: You will receive 28 days paid holiday (including bank holidays), which will increase by 1 day for every year you work for us up to 33 days. You will also get your Birthday off which doesn’t come out of your holiday entitlement!
- Opportunities for Progression: We have a policy of promoting from within whenever possible, if you are looking for a company where you can progress, then we are the company for you. If you don’t want the responsibility of man-management, that isn’t a problem, as you can still progress by being more multi-skilled;
- Professional Career: We would be happy to sponsor you should you wish to study towards your insurance exams;
- Fun Environment: We all understand that Insurance isn’t the most exciting of industries, but we do our best to enjoy ourselves whilst we are at work. Whether that is the internal competitions, where alcohol, chocolate or major prizes such as iPads and more, or whether it is joining the company for a meal in town, we like to have fun!
- Family Business: Assist is a family owned business, not a corporate dinosaur, where you don’t meet the Directors or the guests we have come into the company. But despite being a family business we employ 40 plus people, with many of them having worked with us for a number of years. And those who do leave……often come back. What does that tell you?
Find out more about us, and what we do by visiting our websites: