Sales & Renewals Team Manager
LOCATION: HARDINGSTONE, NORTHAMPTON
(1 minute from A45, 2 minutes from Junc 15 M1, 5 minutes from Town Centre)
SALARY: BASIC (DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE) & BONUS
HOURS: 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK (FULL TIME)
Assist Insurance Services Ltd is a family owned and run business, yet one of the UK’s leading provider of Park Home Insurance (as well as insurance for Caravans, Holiday Homes, Cars and Boat Insurance, all from modern offices in Northampton.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE
The Sales & Renewals Manager will work within the Senior Management Team of the Company, reporting to the Head of Operations of the business playing a vital role in ensuring that the day-to-day Sales and Renewals (telephone) operation runs smoothly. You will be responsible for ensuring that effective methods are put into place so that the company runs at it maximum productivity and profitability. As Sales & Renewals Team Manager your responsibilities will include handling all calls, emails and post, preparing SLA’s and KPI’s, and overseeing the supervision of those within the Sales and Renewals (Telephone) areas of the business. You will also be expected to harness a working environment which encourages team work, energy and creativity. To achieve this, you will have strong leadership and excellent problem solving skills with good communication skills.
To participate in and/or lead, as appropriate, in the running of the Sales and Telephone Renewals sections of the company as well as manage the projects that contribute to the business objectives of the company. To undertake various tasks within the sales department to assist in the delivery of an effective and compliant delivery.
- Working closely with the Senior Team to define, set and deliver the strategic aims of the company;
- Set, monitor and drive performance and targets relating to performance across the business to include:
- Maximise New Business Conversion & Income Per Case & Cross-Sell Opportunities;
- Maximise Enquiry To Quotation Ratio & Call Handling;
- Maximise Renewal Retention & Cross-Sell Opportunities & Minimise Lapses;
- Minimise Complaints
- Champion TCF and lead by example to deliver a first class, compliant customer experience;
- Responsible for the continued compliance of the Sales Area;
- Monitor customer contact in line with regulatory guidelines and standards as defined by the FCA;
- Ensure that compliance is adhered to at all times by checking quality of work, complaints and utilising call recording facility and provide feedback , coaching and additional monitoring and guidance to all and document all conversations and feedback within employee files by use of file notes;
- Manage resourcing levels to ensure service excellence is delivered at all times;
- Engender a learning and development culture where individuals are actively encouraged to develop and improve their skills and abilities
- Address and productivity and disciplinary matters which may arise within the sales and telephone renewals area;
- Manage all staff to include regular One-To-Ones within the Sales and Telephone Renewals area and set clear objectives for all and well as appraisals and continued individual development through coaching, training and mentoring;
- Create, prepare, produce and analyse all management information and communicate this with the Senior Team;
- Document, implement and update all company and product provider procedures.
- Be proactive in the contribution and development of new procedures and products within the sales and operational area;
- Attend where necessary any external meeting, conference and/or exhibition as and when required;
- Recommend to the Directors any changes which are deemed to improve quality, compliance, business effectiveness, profitability and motivation within the Sales and Telephone Renewals Area;
- Implement incentives and competitions to maximise motivation and productivity and performance;
- Monitor, develop and manage incentive/bonus systems as required
- To actively encourage multi-skilling within the business.
THE WORK EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED
- You will have had at least 2 years’ experience of managing a team of Sales and/or Renewals Team;
- You will have at least 5 years’ experience of Household and Motor Insurance;
- You will ideally (but not essentially) have a good working knowledge of OpenGI system;
- You will have successfully worked within a target orientated environment;
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Someone who has a passion to contribute to the business every day, and takes pride in seeing how their contribution affected the performance of their team;
- A flexible and proactive approach, and the ability of working within a small friendly team;
- Keenness to get involved within other areas of the business and to problem solve with your peers;
- You’ll need good numeracy and literacy along with good keyboard skills;
- The highest standard of integrity, honesty and quality of work as well as maximize the sales opportunities the company generates;
- ‘Can do’ attitude;
- Willing to assist your team and the business throughout your day, and not get stuck behind a computer or push paper from one side of the desk to another.
What we offer:
- Base Salary: You will be offered an excellent market leading base salary based on your experience. We pay the best, because we want to attract the best.
- Bonus Potential: You will receive a bonus based on your teams performance and your target;
- Holiday Entitlement: You will receive 25 days paid holiday, which will increase by 1 day for every year you work for us up to 30 days. You will also get your Birthday off which doesn’t come out of your holiday entitlement!
- Opportunities for Progression: We have a policy of promoting from within whenever possible, if you are looking for a company where you can progress, then we are the company for you.
- Professional Career: We would be happy to sponsor you should you wish to study towards your insurance exams;
- Fun Environment: We all understand that Insurance isn’t the most exciting of industries, but we do our best to enjoy ourselves whilst we are at work. Whether that is the internal competitions, where alcohol, chocolate or major prizes such as iPads and more, or whether it is joining the company for a meal in town, we like to have fun!
- Family Business: Assist is a family owned business, not a corporate dinosaur, where you don’t meet the Directors or the guests we have come into the company. But despite being a family business we employ 30 plus people, with many of them having worked with us for a number of years. And those who do leave……often come back. What does that tell you?
Find out more about us and what we do by visiting our websites: