Customer Services Consultants (Insurance)
IMMEDIATE POSITION AVAILABLE
LOCATION: HARDINGSTONE, NORTHAMPTON
HOURS: 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK
Assist Insurance Services is one of the UK’s leading providers of Leisure Insurance Products including Park Home Insurance, Caravan Insurance, Static Caravan Insurance, Leisure/Holiday Home Insurance, Motor insurance and now Marine based in modern offices on the outskirts of Northampton.
Due to our continued success, we are looking to further expand our customer services team, where you will be rewarded with an excellent base salary and bonus.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE
You’ll be part of a team of experienced Consultants who will handle calls from our policyholders, carrying out Mid Term Adjustments, preparing policies for renewal, and assisting them with the day-to-day insurance enquiries and providing friendly and informative advice.
- Maintain an excellent standard of customer service by carrying out all mid-term enquiries on our clients Home, Car, Caravan or Marine policies;
- Handle initial enquiries from clients in relation to claims (all claims are handled by a Third-Party Claims Management Company);
- Prepare our clients renewals in plenty of time;
- You will also be helping the Renewals Team with telephone acceptances when required to do so;
- Generate cross-sell enquiries when dealing with our clients for our sales team;
- Prioritise your work by planning and focusing your tasks;
Good general education, qualifications ideally include English & Maths GCSE
THE WORK EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED
You will have at least 2 years’ experience of working within an Insurance Company or Broker in a customer service environment. You should have an excellent understanding of Household Insurance (and preferably motor insurance also). Our clients (retired/semi-retired ultimately purchase on the quality of service and the friendly staff they deal with), so you will need an excellent telephone manner and customer service skills. Experience of the Open GI (Misys System) would be a distinct advantage.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Confidence to learn and develop through continuous on-job training and good communication skills, both written and oral;
- A flexible and proactive approach, and the ability of working within a small friendly team;
- Keenness to get involved within the business and work as part of a team;
- You’ll need good numeracy and literacy along with good keyboard skills;
- The highest standard of integrity, honesty and quality of work;
- Keenness to develop within a rapidly growing company, as we have a policy of promoting from within wherever possible;
- ‘Can do’ attitude;
OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW
Assist Insurance has an excellent relationship with its insurers, as well as Park Owners, and we have a number of very exciting opportunities to achieve even more in 2022. We currently occupy 2,000 square feet of a building which has a further 4,000 square feet available to us, so our appetite is to fill the building, and we are looking for more quality staff to help us achieve our goals. Are you looking to grow within a business? Are the opportunities limited where you are currently? Fancy a ‘real’ challenge and want to be seen and rewarded for what you really do? Then you really need to work for Assist Insurance Services.
What we offer:
- Base Salary: You will be offered an excellent market leading base salary based on your experience.
- Bonus Potential: You will be part of our services team bonus system, which would provide you a bonus of c10% in addition to your base salary;
- Holiday Entitlement: You will receive 20 days paid holiday, which will increase by 1 day for every year you work for us up to 25 days. You will also get your Birthday off which doesn’t come out of your holiday entitlement.
- Opportunities for Progression: We have a policy of promoting from within whenever possible, if you are looking for a company where you can progress, then we are the company for you. If you don’t want the responsibility of man-management, that isn’t a problem, as you can still progress by being more multi-skilled;
- Fun Environment: We all understand that Insurance isn’t the most exciting of industries, but we do our best to enjoy ourselves however. Whether that is the internal competitions, where alcohol, chocolate or major prizes such as iPad or more, or whether it is joining the company for a meal in town, we like to have fun!
- Family Business: Assist is a family owned business, not a corporate dinosaur, where you don’t meet the Directors or the guests we have come into the company. But despite being a family business we employ 40 plus people and have just signed a new lease to double the size of our office, to house our continued growth.
Find out more about us and what we do by visiting our websites: