LOCATION: HARDINGSTONE, NORTHAMPTON
(1 minute from A45, 2 minutes from Junction 15 M1, 5 minutes from Town Centre)
SALARY: BASIC (DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE)
HOURS: 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK
Assist Insurance Services Ltd is a family owned and run business, yet one of the UK’s leading providers of leisure insurance products such as for Park Homes, Leisure Lodges, Static Caravans, Motor Homes, Holiday Homes and Boats all from our modern offices in Northampton.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE
The role of the Accounts Clerk will report to our Business Support Team Leader and you will be working closely with one of the owner Directors as well as with our operational management team. You will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day logging and reconciliation of our invoices and day-to-day banking requirements. You will also be actively involved in the management of our aged-debt, reconciling payments received from our policyholders and also contacting clients in relation to missed direct debit payments in relation to their monthly payment plans for their insurance policies and liaising with our instalment/credit provider (Premium Credit) in relation to missed payments. You will need to have excellent communication skills as you will be handling calls, emails and post in relation to this work.
Whilst you will be working within a small team, and also have regular day-to-day interaction with our Senior Management and Operational Advisers, there may be times of your day where you will be working on your own, and therefore you will need to be proactive and self-disciplined and be able to work on your own initiative. Managing aged-debt is an extremely important part of our business, and your role will be critical in keeping this under control and reporting the current status to the management team. You will need to have good numerical skills and accounting disciplines as well as good IT and keyboard skills.
- Working closely with the Business Support Team Leader, managing invoices, and banking processes;
- Manage areas aged-debt:
- Reconciling payments received and identifying aged debt issues and missed instalment payments
- Contacting clients to collect missed payments;
- Liaising with credit providers (Premium Credit) and amending payment dates and ensuring instalment payments remain on track;
- Reporting current aged-debt to the senior team, and playing a pivotal role in identifying changes needed to internal processes and procedures to minimise debt issues;
- Generating MI (Management Information) to assist in the management of aged-debt;
- Assisting other areas of the business in relation to Management Information reporting;
- Recommend to the Directors any changes which are deemed to improve quality, compliance, business effectiveness, profitability and motivation within the Sales Area;
THE WORK EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED
- You will have had at least 2 years’ experience within an accounts area and have had involvement within the banking processes of a business such as banking, posting of invoices, and reconciling payments received;
- You will need to have a good understanding of aged-debt and have been hands-on in addressing aged-debt issues such as contacting clients via phone, email and post to obtain payments;
- Whilst it would be advantageous that you have worked within an insurance of a financial services business this is not necessary as training and support will be provided;
- You will ideally (but not essentially) have a good working knowledge of Open GI system;
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Someone who has a passion to contribute to the business every day, and takes pride in seeing how their contribution affected the performance within the team they work;
- A flexible and proactive approach, and the ability of working within a small friendly team;
- Keenness to get involved within other areas of the business and to problem solve with your peers;
- You’ll need good numeracy and literacy along with good keyboard skills;
- The highest standard of integrity, honesty and quality of work;
- ‘Can do’ attitude;
- Willing to assist your team and the business throughout your day, and not get stuck behind a computer or push paper from one side of the desk to another.
What we offer:
- Base Salary: You will be offered an excellent market leading base salary based on your experience. We pay the best, because we want to attract the best.
- Holiday Entitlement: You will receive 20 days paid holiday, which will increase by 1 day for every year you work for us up to 25 days. You will also get your Birthday off which doesn’t come out of your holiday entitlement!
- Opportunities for Progression: We have a policy of promoting from within whenever possible, if you are looking for a company where you can progress, then we are the company for you.
- Professional Career: We would be happy to sponsor you should you wish to study towards your insurance exams;
- Fun Environment: We all understand that Insurance isn’t the most exciting of industries, but we do our best to enjoy ourselves whilst we are at work.
- Family Business: Assist is a family owned business, not a corporate dinosaur, where you don’t meet the Directors or the guests we have come into the company. But despite being a family business we employ 30 plus people, with many of them having worked with us for a number of years. And those who do leave……often come back. What does that tell you?
Find out more about us and what we do by visiting our websites: